Chicken Cordon BleuFrom mrs_stiltner 9 years ago
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 6 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 6 slices ham shopping list
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick.
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken.
- Serve warm.