Crunch Topped Strawberry DessertFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 carton (10oz) frozen strawberries, thawed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 carton (8oz) frozen dairy whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- Whole strawberries shopping list
- mint sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in melted butter until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to large baking tray. Bake at for 20 minutes, stirring often. Mixture should be crumbly. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until very thick.
- Add undrained strawberries and lemon juice. Beat for at least 10 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy ( mixture will fill bowl ). Fold n whipped topping, blending well.
- Into bottom of buttered 9 x13-inch pyrex dish evenly distribute half of the brown sugar and nut mixture.
- Carefully spoon in strawberry mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from about 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
- Garnish each serving with a whole strawberry and a mint leaf sprig.