Chicken and DumplingsFrom riverrat715 6 years ago
- 2-3 lbs. chicken shopping list
- 4 qts boulion or chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cps. carrot coins shopping list
- 2 cps celery chopped shopping list
- 1 cp onion chopped shopping list
- 2-3 lbs. potatoes sliced shopping list
- 1 tbs. garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 cps zucini sliced (Optional) shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (Optional) shopping list
- 1 tbs. parsley shopping list
- Dumplings shopping list
- 2 cps. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cp milk shopping list
- 1/3 cp butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cook chicken until tender in the broth. Remove skin and bones and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Put chicken and all veggies into stock.
- Cook till tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you use boulion or chicken stock be careful with adding salt.
- Put all dumpling ingredients in to food processor and mix till well mixed or use dumpling recipe on Bisquick box.
- Drop by spoon fuls into simmering stew.
- Cover and cook for twenty minutes.
- This freezes well and is even better a day or two later.
- Yum Yum. This will feed 12 people easily but I usually freeze half of it for another meal.
The Cookriverrat715 Small Town, WI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!