Turkey Sausage LasagnaFrom dakotasmommy 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles shopping list
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 to 4 ounces creamy goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling shopping list
- 1 extra-large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large (10 to 12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, for 15 to 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water. Add the noodles and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup of Parmesan, the egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Ladle 1/3 of the sauce into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish. Then add the layers as follows: half the pasta, half the mozzarella, half the ricotta, and one 1/3 of the sauce. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, and finally, sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.
The Cookdakotasmommy Beaverton, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!