Shortbread Cornmeal CookiesFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, softened (NO margarine allowed) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- Note: If using almond extract, I use a little less. shopping list
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Note: In the summertime I like to add a dash of fresh lavender that I have chopped so very finely. These are also lovely with a wee bit of lemon zest. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add pecans, parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Note: this is where I add the fresh lavender.
- Blend well.
- Add flour, cornmeal and salt.
- Form into 12 rounds and flatten with your hands.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet or a Silpat mat.
- I like to sprinkle a tiny bit of granulated sugar on top of the cookies before baking.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden colour.
- Allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- If these cookies aren't eaten right away, they will keep well in an airtight container for a couple of days.