Jumbo Stuffed ShellsFrom fegirl 6 years ago
- cheese FILLING shopping list
- 4 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 3/4 tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (ground from mill) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper (whole peppercorns freshly ground with a pepper mill is best) shopping list
- dash cinnamon shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- SAUCE shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet yellow onion diced shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves diced shopping list
- 4 medium carrots diced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/3+ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 1 tbsp pepper (whole peppercorns freshly ground with a pepper mill is best) shopping list
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt (ground from mill) shopping list
- dash of onion salt shopping list
- big dash of garlic powder shopping list
- 3 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes ( I used 2 cans of Hunt's fire roasted tomatoes Diced w/ garlic and 1 can Hunt's diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano) shopping list
- 5 lean Hot Italian turkey sausages shopping list
- pasta shopping list
- One box of Jumbo shells shopping list
How to make it
- Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl mix together the cheese filling ingredients, set aside in the fridge to help it setup a bit.
- In a 5 quart non-stick sauce pan sauté onions, garlic, and carrots with some of the EVOO. While sautéing add the garlic powder, oregano, sea salt, onion salt, and pepper. Sauté until done and set aside.
- Take the 5 lean Hot Italian Turkey Sausages out of casing and ground them while cooking in a separate pan. After sausages are fully cooked add them undrained to the sautéed mixture in 5 quart sauce pan. Next add the 3 cans of diced tomatoes and EVOO. Let simmer for a 1/2 hour.
- While sauce is simmering cook jumbo pasta shells according to package. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Take a 13*9*2 baking dish and place 1/2+ cup of sauce on the bottom to cover it. Fill each cooked jumbo pasta shell with about 1 1/2 tbsps cheese filling ( I used a small spatula to put the cheese filling in the shell, this was easier then using a spoon ). Place shells in baking dish as you go along. After all shells are filled place remaining sauce on top (I actually did not use all of the sauce and had about 2 cups remaining. I also sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top), cover baking dish with tinfoil . Preheat oven to 375° and bake for 40 minutes.
- This recipe made 38 stuffed shells and about 6+ cups of sauce.
The Cookfegirl Tucson, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!