Slow Cooked Kheer Rice PuddingFrom atariq123 7 years ago
- 1 Cup rice (I use basmati) shopping list
- 2-1/2 Cups water shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 Gallon milk (about 2 litres) shopping list
- 2 to 2-1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup raisins shopping list
- 10 - 12 pieces pistachios (powdered) shopping list
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds shopping list
- A few drops kewra (screwpine) essence or rose water shopping list
How to make it
- Wash rice, soak and keep aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil, add salt. Drain soaked rice and add to boiling water. Cook until well done about 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice into a 4 qt crock pot (slow cooker), add milk. Make sure that the milk remains at least 2 inches below the rim of the cooker. Stir once and set to cook on High for about 5-1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally. After 5-1/2 hours when the rice and milk have come together add almonds, raisins and sugar. Stir thoroughly and cook on high again for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add kewra or rose water. Transfer the kheer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds and powdered pistachios (you can use whole or flaked ones too). Serve chilled.