Chicken and Stuffing for twoFrom chatombreux 6 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts (bone-in or out, with skin or without) shopping list
- 1 regular sized box of stovetop-style chicken stuffing (or cornbread stuffing) shopping list
- 1/2 can cranberry sauce (jellied or whole) shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 pkg onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 pkg chicken gravy (or a jar of chicken gravy) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the stuffing mix to have ready.
- Prepare the breasts (rinsing, skinning them if you want, de-boning them if not already de-boned) and season them with salt and pepper. If they are large breasts, cut a pocket into the large side and stuff some dressing in them, placing them in a casserole dish (square or oblong).
- Place the rest of the stuffing around the breasts in the casserole/baking dish.
- Take 1/2 can of cranberry sauce and mix well with the orange juice and the onion soup mix.
- Pour this gently over the breasts. Don't worry about run-off - it will help flavor the stuffing.
- Mix the gravy mix with cold water and pour it over the stuffing evenly (likewise with the jarred gravy if you use that).
- You might want to put some aluminum foil over the stuffing at each end to prevent too much overbaking against the sides of the pan.
- Place casserole/baking dish in a 350 oven (400 if you want to cook a few minutes faster - but watch that it doesn't overcook) for 40-50 minutes.