Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - CopycatFrom dixiediner 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Stir in the sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and half of the flour into the yeast mixture.
- Add the remaining flour blending until smooth. Scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl and cover with a cloth dampened in warm water. (The cloth should feel wet, but not be so wet that water drips onto the dough.) Let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F.), until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Divide the dough in half, rolling each half into a 12-inch circle 1/4 inch thick. Spread with the soft butter and cut each circle into 16 wedges. Roll up each wedge beginning at the largest end. Place, point side down, on a greased baking sheet. Curve to form crescents. Cover and let rise until double, 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are a rich golden brown. Brush with soft butter.
People Who Like This Dish 26
- tacoburglar627 Lawton, Oklahoma
- roseanne208 Nowhere, Us
- chippy73 Nowhere, Us
- Skyview Nowhere, Us
- tooheymomster Springfield, MA
- jasmilez Somewhere In The Land Of Enchantment, NM
- Sheebs Harrisburg, MO
- heatheras Nowhere, Us
- 3gdogs Nowhere, Us
- chrystal_oh Nowhere, Us
- Plus 16 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating1 people
Oh I love this, nice post.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it