Sweet and Sour PorkFrom pood 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 lb. pork cubed shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup catsup shopping list
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice (drain pineapple and use the juice) shopping list
- 1 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 T. cold water shopping list
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks shopping list
- 1 green pepper cut in 1/2" pieces shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Dip pork in egg then in flour and salt mixture.
- Fry pork in hot oil until brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain on papertowel, keep warm.
- In wok or skillet combine sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, catsup and soy sauce and bring to boil.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water and stir into ingredients in skillet.
- Cook til thick and bubbly stirring constantly. The mixture should become clear instead of milky from the cornstarch.
- Stir in the pork cubes, pineapple and green pepper.
- Heat stirring constantly so it does not stick until all becomes hot, about 5 minutes.Serve over hot rice
The Cookpood Georgiana, AL
The Rating2 people
I absolutely love Sweet and Sour Pork, this sounds just like a Japanese lady made it when I was over seas. This is a keeper in my book, if I could give you more then a 5 I would. Thanks you so much for this post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!