Double Pumpkin MuffinsFrom deedeec 9 years ago
- MUFFINS shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin puree shopping list
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, coursely chopped (the green kind) shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegitable oil (or melted butter) shopping list
- NUTTY STRUESEL TOPPING shopping list
- 3 Tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, chopped (the green kind) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. oats shopping list
How to make it
- NUTTY STRUESEL TOPPING:
- Combine all struesel ingredients in mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, or two knives, "cut" until ingredients form a pea size crumbley consistency. Put in frig to keep cold till ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt (dry ingredients) in medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, raisins, pumpkin seeds (optional), and oil (or butter). Mix well, till frothy.
- Fold Dry Ingredients into Wet Ingredients. Gently fold until "just" mixed. Should be lumpy. Over mixing will create a "tougher" muffin because you activate the gluten in the flour.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin; grease or line with paper cups.
- Scoop mixture into cups. Top each with a spoonful of Streusel Topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean. If still wet, back another minute or two and retest.
- Remove muffins and cool on wire rack.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating1 people
OMG!! Just great...I am saving it right now.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it