Baked Potato SoupFrom dee 7 years ago
- 5 lb. red potatoes shopping list
- *I leave the skins on and poke the potatoes all over with a fork so flavours can get into the spuds shopping list
- 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chicken granules shopping list
- White Sauce: shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 6 c. milk shopping list
- 3/4 c. margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 3 oz. jar real bacon bits shopping list
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes, chicken granules and onion in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cook until potatoes are tender; drain water.
- To make white sauce: mix cornstarch and milk until smooth.
- Add margarine, seasoned salt, red pepper and pepper. Stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until it thickens.
- Add potatoes, bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
- *I tend not to cut up the potatoes for much of anything, I like to crush them into whatever I am making, like for this soup, the little bits of potato that come off when crushed will go into the soup to add texture and body to the soup and the creamy broth will hang onto the potatoes for Yummy eating. This is a good idea when making Potato salad as well. If you want a smaller 'dice' of potato just use 'New' or Baby Potatoes.
The Cookdee Tampa, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!