Bears Cranberry Orange BreadFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 2 Tbsp shortening (Crisco) shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- 1 Cup halved fresh cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together twice the dry ingredients.
- Squeeze juice from orange and save in measuring cup.
- Grate rind of orange and add to juice.
- Add shortening to juice, then add enough boiling water to make ¾ Cup. Stir into dry ingredients.
- Add beaten egg to batter. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from pan and cool completely before cutting.
- For muffins - prepare muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!