Chicken and Wild Rice SoupFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking wild rice shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato shopping list
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 10 ounce light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and potato; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring well with a whisk. Add the milk mixture to potato mixture; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in rice, chicken, pepper, and salt. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!