Indian Fry BreadFrom riverrat715 7 years ago
How to make it
- If you have a bread machine use it to kneed and raise the dough, other wise place luke warm water, sugar and yeast in bowl
- allow to sit for ten minutes
- add remaining ingredients and kneed at least 15 minutes or untill very elastic and shinny.
- form into a ball and place in buttered bowl
- raise til double in size (approxamately 1 hour)
- squeeze off golfball sized lumps of dough
- flatten and cut slit in center, flip one end through hole so you have something that looks sort of like a little bow.
- drop in hot oil and cook until golden on one side then turn and cook other side. Drain on paper towel. Can sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar or serve with jams, jellies or honey or anything else you might like. This really is YUMO