Broccoli Cauliflower Almond and Cranberry SaladFrom brookiepetti 7 years ago
- 2 quarts water (for cooking broccoli and cauliflower) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 head broccoli cut in 1" florets shopping list
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut in 1" florets shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can substitute plain yogurt) shopping list
- 1 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a 4-quart pot.
- Add Broccoli and Cauliflower florets and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain, and put in ice water to stop cooking. Drain well and place in serving dish.
- Add diced onions, cranberries, half of the almonds and toss with dressing.
- Check seasoning, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with remaining almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.