Norwegian Cod FeastFrom skoch 7 years ago
- 4 slices of cod (1.5 inches thick) shopping list
- 1 good sized cod roe (15-20 oz). This is a mild and really pleasing delicacy, which has a pleasant consistency when poached. shopping list
- 4-5 tbs of sea salt shopping list
- 35 oz of really good potatoes (traditionally, Norwegian Mandel potatoes are used, but you can use any good potatoes that are not waxy) shopping list
- salt and pepper, butter and flat bread for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap the cod roe tightly in parchment and tie some twine around your parcel. Otherwise the roe will burst.
- Bring 2 liters/0.5 gallons of water and the salt of salt to the boil in a large casserole .
- Poach the for 20-30 min depending on size.
- Add the cod for the last 5 minutes. it is done when it is esy to pry the flesh from the back bone.
- Mandel potatoes are best served with their skins on.
- Cut the roe in slices as thick as the cod. Remove the membrane.
- Place slices of roe along with a handful of potatoes and a slice of cod on each plate and serve.
- Traditionally served with melted butter and flat bread.
The Cookskoch Oslo, NO
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Catch And Cook49 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Pass Down Recipes313 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Norwegian Tusen Takk35 members
Home Cooking58 members