Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potato PieFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 1 cup pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 Pillsbury® Pet-Ritz® frozen deep dish pie crust (from 12-oz package) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In small bowl, mix pecans and bourbon. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Heat oven to 375°F. In 13x9-inch ungreased baking dish, place sweet potatoes and water; cover with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain water; cool sweet potatoes 10 minutes.
- 3. Drain pecans, reserving bourbon. In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes; add eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon, ginger and reserved bourbon. Mix well. Gradually stir in 1/3 cup whipping cream, scraping bowl after each addition. Mix 1 minute longer. (Sweet potatoes have a coarse texture, so there will be some small lumps.)
- 4. Pour filling into frozen pie crust; sprinkle with pecans. Bake about 45 minutes or until filling puffs and is lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool completely, about 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.