Banana Split PieFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 3 medium bananas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 9” baked pastry shell shopping list
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream shopping list
- 1 cup frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed shopping list
- Whole maraschino cherries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped nuts shopping list
- Quick Fudge Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 8 oz. marshmallow crème shopping list
How to make it
- Thinly slice the bananas; sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange on bottom of baked pastry shell. Stir strawberry ice cream to soften slightly; spread atop bananas. Freeze till firm.
- Spread thawed whipped dessert topping over ice cream. Top with maraschino cherries; sprinkle with walnuts. Freeze again until firm. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Serve with canned chocolate sauce or prepare Quick Fudge Sauce. Combine chocolate chips and evaporated milk in saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat till well combined.
- Beat in marshmallow crème till mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Makes 2 cups sauce.