Spicy Thai RiceFrom hottamale 7 years ago
- 2c. water shopping list
- 1c. uncooked long grain white rice shopping list
- 1/4c. chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 fresh red chilies; seeded & chopped shopping list
- 1T. snipped cilantro shopping list
- 1T. butter shopping list
- 1t. fresh ginger; minced shopping list
- 3/4t. salt shopping list
- 1/8t. ground tumeric shopping list
- 1 to 2t. lime juice shopping list
- chopped roasted peanuts & red pepper flakes: optional garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1st 9 ingredients in 2 to 3 qt. saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover & simmer 15 min. or until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in lime juice & fluff with a fork.
- Garnish with peanuts & red pepper flakes.
- NUTRTIONAL DATA:
- per serving (= 1/6 of total recipe; w/o peanuts)
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 2g
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Sat. Fat: <1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Protein: 3g
- Carbs: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 317mg