Vegetable Stuffed ChickenFrom pat2me 6 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red sweet pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total) shopping list
- 1 -1/2 ounces gruyere cheese, cut into 4 slices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup madeira wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- For stuffing, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook until mushrooms are tender. Stir in roasted pepper and marjoram. Remove from heat.
- Cut a horizontal slit in the thickest portion of each chicken piece, forming a pocket. Place a slice of cheese and some of the stuffing in each pocket. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Pour broth and wine into skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F). Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Strain pan juices; measure juices and return to skillet. If necessary, boil gently, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch; stir into liquid in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return chicken to skillet; cook about 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Remove toothpicks from chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes 4 servings.