Steak Gorgonzola AlfredoFrom kremshaw 8 years ago
- 4 Slices turkey bacon (Cut into slivers) shopping list
- 2 Lbs. sirloin steak cubed (room temperature) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 2 Cups Shitake mushrooms (cut in 1/4's) shopping list
- 1 Cup sun-dried tomatoes (cut into slivers) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/4 Cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Parmagiano/Reggiano shopping list
- 3/4Cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 Cup merlot or other red wine shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 16 Oz. pasta (Fettuccini works best) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the onion and garlic to a small dice. Salt them and allow them to sit for a few minutes to allow the juices to purge.
- While heating a large skillet to medium/hot (hot enough to sizzle bacon) .
- Drop the bacon slivers in the dry skillet and salt and pepper the slivers. Cook the bacon until nice and crunchy, and remove them from the pan to a bowl for later use.
- Drop the diced onions and garlic into the skillet and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, moving them around to brown all sides and caramelize them in thier own juices.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add the milk, cheese, and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Next we`re going to deglaze the pan to get the bacon fat to flavor the onions and garlic by adding 1/4 cup of butter to the pan.Scrape the flavor up off the skillet using either a spatula or a spoon. There`s alot of flavor in there! Mix it with the butter.
- Drop the Shitake Mushrooms on top of the onions to purge them of thier liquids, allowing them to fall into the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a small pan, add the wine and the sugar on medium heat until reduced to a syrup like consistency.
- Boil the pasta until al dente.
- Mix the Olive Oil with the Steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Drop the Steak into the middle of the skillet, pushing the onions and mushrooms to the side. Cook until desired doneness.
- On a plate, pour the skillet contents over the pasta, next the cheese, next the wine reduction, and finally the sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and turkey bacon to top it off.
The Cookkremshaw Lancaster, PA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!