Spicy Chicken NuggetsFrom daddysbaby 7 years ago
- 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 4tablespoons hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted whole wheat bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. ground paprika shopping list
- 1Tbsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp, garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- olive oil nonstick spray shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts and trum off fat. Cut the breasts diagonally into six even strips. Place these strips in a bowl and stir in the buttermilk and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the hot sauce Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl, the egg whites in a second bowl, and the cracker crumbs in a third bowl. Stir in paprika, peppers, garlic powder, salt and onion powder into the crumbs.
- Lift the chicken out of the marinade. Using two forks, dip each strip first in the flour, then in the egg (let the excess drip off), and finally in the crumbs. Make sure they're well-coated.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet and cover them with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Arrange the strips in a single layer on the baking sheet and cover them with the spray as well; this helps them "fry" all over.
- Bake strips 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked and golden brown. Turning them once.
- Transfer the nuggets to a platter and drizzle with remaining hot sauce
People Who Like This Dish 1
- daddysbaby Smithville, TN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdaddysbaby Smithville, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!