Sweet Potato Spice CakeFrom borinda 9 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium apples shopping list
- 1/2 pound sweet potato shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts or pecans) shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour an 8" square pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and set this aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in the egg.
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes and apples and then stir them into the creamed butter mix and also add the vanilla extract with them.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. Test and if not done yet bake an addtional five minutes.
- Cool before serving.
- Add the dry, sifted ingredients and stir until just incorporated and then mix in the nuts.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!