Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato SoupFrom fegirl 5 years ago
- 4 red peppers shopping list
- 3 orange peppers shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (I used Hunt's fire roasted with garlic) shopping list
- 4 large cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 large yellow sweet onion shopping list
- heavy whipping cream (optional) shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 dried chipotle pepper (I used a smoky one) shopping list
- Few dashes of the following: shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- dried basil shopping list
- fresh basil shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- chili powder shopping list
- cayenne shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Roast the red and orange peppers: rub oil on peppers and put them under the broiler until blackened, turn to get all sides. (may use stove top or grill to roast peppers also) Put into bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap for about 15 minutes, then peel will come right off and core and seeds will fall out. Chop peppers. Reserve 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a red pepper for garnish later.
- Dice onion and garlic. Sauté with Olive Oil in 5 quart pan together with thyme, dried basil, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, sea salt and cracked pepper.
- When done sautéing add the peppers and the diced tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- After simmering purée mixture in small batches adding some fresh basil leaves to each. (A blender or food processor works well.)
- Return purée to pan and add chicken broth and heavy whipping cream (optional) taste and add more spices if needed.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes adding the dried chipotle pepper.
- Remove chipotle pepper after simmering
- Serve with some roasted pepper and fresh basil garnish.
- Optional: If you do not use the heavy whipping cream then you could add a teaspoon or two of sour cream to each bowl. Or who knows, maybe you would use both :)!!
The Cookfegirl Tucson, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!