Pot Roasted Beef TongueFrom betty_boop 7 years ago
- 1 Large beef Tongue (that has been cleaned , seasoned and stuffed) READY TO COOK shopping list
- 1 med onion shopping list
- 1/4 bell pepper (green and or red) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic ...mashed chopped look... shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onions shopping list
- 1/2 cup of parsley shopping list
- 8 sliced then chopped japaleno peppers shopping list
- seasoning of your choice (salt,red or black pepper ) I used Slap yo mama shopping list
- 3 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 1 large Black pot(cast iron) shopping list
- 1 maybe 2 pint water shopping list
How to make it
- Now take your black cast iron pot place onto your stove top.
- add your oil.
- then place your beef tongue into the pot ...
- let it brown......turning it over several times until it gets to a dark brown look.
- take out of the pot and place onto a platter
- then in your pot add onion, garlic, japalenos,green onions bell peppers, parsely..saute'
- until the onions look clear..... while that is cooking
- back to the tongue.
- cut the tongue into small serving pieces.
- now once the onions and other is ready add back the tongue into the pot and
- add a little water at a time not too much but make sure that it just about covers the beef tongue
- then cover with a lid turn heat to a med let cook up to 4 hours or until tender.....
- great with green bean, cabbage, corn, corn bread......
The Cookbetty_boop Sulphur, LA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!