Lentil SoupFrom cece 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup dried brown lentils shopping list
- 1 carrot pelled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 onion, finelly chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon spicy spaghetti seasoning or italian seasoning shopping list
- 3 cups of water or chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup of good white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1clove garlic, peeled and minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place lentils on a clean surface and pick out the broken peas, then place in a strainer and wash under running water and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the chopped onions and carrots and cook untill the onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture, water and lentils to a stock pot, bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium and skim the froth from the surface of the soup with a slotted spoon.
- Add the italian seasoning and simmer on low setting until the peas are soft, about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and hot sauce of your choice.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- cece Austin, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcece Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!