Green beans with ginger and green corianderFrom mareelouise 8 years ago
- 550 g fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm pieces (I don't see why you couldn't cheat and use frozen- would reduce your prep time massively!) shopping list
- 2.5 cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips shopping list
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 fresh green hot chilli, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 150 ml chicken stock shopping list
- 5 - 6 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander/ cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Put the oil in a large frying pan or wok and set over medium-high heat.
- When hot, put in the mustard seeds.
- As soon as the first seeds begin to pop put in the ginger strips.
- Stir and fry until the ginger starts to brown, a matter of a few seconds.
- Put in the green beans and toss once or twice.
- Now add the cumin, turmeric, salt and green chilli.
- Add the lemon juice and stock.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, turn heat down to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the beans are almost tender.
- Add the fresh coriander (cilantro), toss and cover again for a minute.
- Uncover, toss and boil away all liquid at a higher heat.