Warmed Shrimp Salad With Grilled Vidalia Onions And Grape TomatoesFrom food4all 7 years ago
- 18 x 31-40 shrimp shopping list
- 30 grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1 head of friseé washed spun and cut in half shopping list
- 1-½ lg vidalia onions shopping list
- 2 limes (juice of) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle shopping list
- 1 ½ oz balsamic vinegar shopping list
- sea salt flakes shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Remove the ends and outer layer of the Vidalia onions and discard. Cut the onions into half widthwise (showing concentric circles). Place a skewer through the center of each half through the rings and all the way through to the other end (this will aid in keeping the onion together while cooking).
- Place the onion halves onto a medium hot barbeque and cook for 10 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and place onto a cutting board. Scrape away any carbon residue and discard. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil 1 liter of water with a good tsp of salt. Meanwhile heat a frying pan on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add a tbsp of cooking oil and add tomatoes. Toss and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the skins split. Remove from the heat. Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook for a minute or until the flesh turns opaque but slightly translucent in the center. Strain and drain well. Remove the skewers from the onions and cut each half into 4. Place all the onions into a bowl and drizzle with the balsamic, olive oil and a bit of salt. Toss and distribute amongst 6 plates. Place some tuffs of friseé randomly around the plate. Drop 5 tomatoes around the parameter of each plate then place 3 shrimp per person into each center. Squeeze some lime over top of entire dish followed by a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt & pepper.