Apple Sausage Pancakes With Cider SyrupFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups pancake mix shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 medium green apples peeled and shredded shopping list
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage cooked and drained shopping list
- cider Syrup: shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together pancake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl until lemony then stir in milk and oil.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients stirring just until blended.
- Fold in shredded apple and cooked sausage.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown then serve with cider syrup.
- To make syrup mix together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in saucepan.
- Pour in apple and lemon juices then cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Boil and stir one minute then remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Serve warm over pancakes.