Herb and spinach steamed omletteFrom mbe 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups washed and chopped dill shopping list
- 1 1/2 -2 cups washed and chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 300-350 g washed and cleaned spinach, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- heat half the butter in a sautee pan large enough to hold all the greens.
- -fry the onion for 5 minutes on low heat until softened but not browned then add the greens and increase the heat.
- -salt well and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring often until the greens have wilted appreciably (should be about 1/4 of their original volume)
- -put the greens into a colander, spread out a bit, let drain and cool for 5 minutes.
- -while the greens are cooling butter a loaf pan or pie plate large enough to hold the egg&greens.
- -taste the greens to make sure they're sufficiently salty (adjust if necessary) then add then to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- -pour the mixture into the buttered pan.
- -either steam for 15-20 minutes till set or cover with aluminum foil and bake @ 350 for 20+ minutes till set.
- -allow to cool slightly, slice and serve.
- -don't cool the greens too much after their initial cooking, keeping them warm cuts down on the 2nd cooking time.
- -dot the top with butter before steaming/baking.
- -vary the herbs to include tarragon, chervil, basil, chives or even a small amount of fenugreek, rosemary etc..
- -serve with a pureed garlic sauce consisting of white vinegar, garlic, lemon zest, salt and enough sugar to balance the acidity.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mbe Vancouver, CN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmbe Vancouver, CN
- Not added to any groups yet!