Vegetarian Mini QuicheFrom bowling_for_soup 6 years ago
- 2 table spoons of chick peas (i used canned but you can soak your own) shopping list
- 2 table spoons of green lentels (canned but you can soak your own) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 6 small tomatoes shopping list
- 12 slices of whole meal bread shopping list
- 12 table spoons of light tasty cheese shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 table spoon of milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- min of a 12 muffin tray shopping list
- Greased baking tray shopping list
- Large Sauce pan shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 180*c.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and lay onto the greased tray. cook for 1/2 an hour, or until can be easily skinned.
- Remove skins and put the tomatoes into a large bowl. Drain onto a piece of kitchen towel.(I use my fingers for the next step but you can use a blender or a masher.)
- Squish up the tomato into smallish pieces.
- Add your chick peas and lentels and stir together.
- Finely dice the onion and cook in your large pan until clear.
- Add your tomato mix and stir through. Cook until hot through.
- Leave that to cool.
- Beat your eggs and add the milk.
- Cut the crusts off your bread and roll flat with a rolling pin.
- Put the bread into your muffin tray and brush with some milk.
- Bake the bread in the muffin tary in the oven while your tomato mix cools.(7mins)
- Evenly spoon tomato mix into your bread and top each with a table spoon of cheese.
- Cook in the oven until the egg has set and the cheese has melted. This should take around 30 mins.
The Cookbowling_for_soup Happy Valley, AU
The Rating3 people
This is wonderful it is not often that green lentils are used in a quiche or any lentils for that mater.
Five forks and a big smile flagged as unique also.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
You've got my 5. I love quiche and vegetarian food, so this recipe is right up my alley. Sounds like you are a real punk rocker! I like Bowling for Soup too. Have a great day, Kristyn (cakelady)
Love the avatar, by the waycakelady in Murray loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!