Enchilada Cheese DipFrom wdsdy 8 years ago
- 1 (4-oz) can Old El Paso whole green chilies shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives shopping list
- 1 (10-oz) can Old El Paso Mild or Hot enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 (3-oz) pkg cream cheese, diced shopping list
- 2 cups (8-oz) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- tortilla chips for dipping! shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chilies into 1 - x 1/2 inch strips.
- Cut onion in half from root end to stem end; cut crosswise into thin strips.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chilies and onion slices, and sautee 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add olives, enchilada sauce, and cream; bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in Cream cheese until melted.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese; cook, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour into a chafing dish, and keep warm.
- Serve with Tortilla chips and Enjoy!