Scallop And Proscuitto Wontons With Safron BrothFrom schmeelaf 8 years ago
- 1 lb Bay or sea scallops shopping list
- 1/2 lb coarsely chopped ground pork or mild pork sausage, sauteed drained of fat and cooled shopping list
- 1/4 lb thick slice of proscuitto, chopped fine shopping list
- 8 fresh water chestnuts, finely chopped. shopping list
- 5 Shitake dried mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained, squeezed dry and finely minced shopping list
- 1 medium egg shopping list
- 6 tablespoons finely minced shallots shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry Spanish Sherry shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons saffron threads shopping list
- 8 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 bunch greeon onions, finely chopped with some greeen left for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Note: When using wonton skins, make sure that you put the floor side down on your worksurface. You will poach these first in water and when they are all poached you can then add them to the wonderful chicken stock you have prepared or purchased.
- Combine first 8 ingrediants. Fry a tiny bit and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a wonton flour-side down on your workspace and place about 1 teaspoon of the filling in the middle of the wonton. Dip your finger in a bowl of water and moisten the edges. Make sure to seal. Pinch edges and twist into wonton shape. Be careful not to overstuff or your wonton will be doo-doo.
- Fill a stock pot with water to boil. Add the wontons in batches and cook until they float to the surface about 30 -45 seconds.
- Remove and place cooked wontons on a wax-papered cookie sheet
- until ready to add to chicken stock.
- Dissolve saffron in 1/2 cup of hot stock. Bring remaining stock to simmer. Stir in saffron. Add the wontons, and heat slowly but throughly for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with garnish if desired.