Fruit Salad with Champagne SauceFrom hottamale 9 years ago
- 1 c. kiwi, peeled & cut into wedges shopping list
- 1c. figs, peeled & cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 c. grapes, sliced in half shopping list
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced in half shopping list
- 1 c. fresh raspberries shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 c. champagne shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broiler to its highest setting.
- Divide the cut fruits into 4 soup plates, arranging them decoratively. Make sauce by combining egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk briskly until the yolks begin to turn a light lemony color.
- Add the Champagne a little bit at a time, whisking constantly until well blended.
- Place the mixing bowl over a saucepan that has about 1" of water in it. Bring the water to a simmer and continue to whisk the mixture vigorously until the mixture becomes light and foamy.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, remove the bowl from the heat; do not overcook.
- Continue to whisk for 10 seconds.
- Pour equal amounts of sauce over each fruit salad.
- Place the plates under the broiler about 3" from the source of heat and allow them to cook just until they are lightly brown on the surface, rotating as needed.
- Serve immediately with remaining Champagne to accompany.