Overnight Orange French ToastFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 12 slices day old French bread shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl beat eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Place bread slices in rectangular pan overlapping if necessary.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over top then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brush large baking sheet with melted butter then arrange bread on top in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with pecans and orange zest then bake until golden brown about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!