Stuffed Bell Peppers Tomatoes And OnionsFrom jackee40 8 years ago
- 2 good size bell peppers (Green, Red, yellow or orange) shopping list
- 2 Med.- Lrg tomatoes shopping list
- 2 med. (sweet) onions shopping list
- 2 lbs ground turkey shopping list
- 1- can of diced stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 c. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c. Worceshire sauce shopping list
- 1 c. grated cheese (any cheese will do, I prefer colby) shopping list
- 1 tbl olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- **Recommend boiling the onion first for about 15-30 mins, it makes it easier to hollow out, and makes it sweeter not so strong.
- Clean and hollow out all vegetables (Onions, bell peppers & tomatoes) put the insides of veggies in a food processor and mix in the garlic, stewed tomatoes, and seasonings, blend until it is in bits like a sauce. Place the shells in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a big frying pan, put the olive oil, and brown the ground turkey and season to your liking. Then stir in the sauce that was just blended in processor, cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes with lid.
- Now to stuff the veggies: first turn oven on to 375.
- while veggies are in baking pan spoon in the meat mixture, then cheese, then another spoon of meat mixture then cheese, keep alternating until they are filled making sure to top with cheese. Then place in oven and back for 30-45 mins.
- cool for 5 mins and serve with White or brown rice.