White chocolate almond cakeFrom nuggle 9 years ago
- Melted butter for greasing the pan shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Using a pastry brush or kitchen towel, lightly coat a 10" tube pan with melted butter.
- Sift together flour and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or with an electric beater, cream together the softened butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides again and beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour in two additions, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined. With the mixer still on low (or with a rubber spatula), stir in the white chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, mounding the edges up slightly and leaving a bit of a furrow through the middle. Hit the pan against the counter to remove any trapped air bubbles.
- While cake is baking, combine the water, sugar and almond extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup becomes thick.
- The cakes should be done after 75-85 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean and the top is golden brown. Allow to cool in pan, on a wire rack, for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto the rack (see note) and, use a pastry brush to coat the cake entirely with the syrup. Allow to cool completely.
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!