Georgia Sweet Potato SouffleFrom wdsdy 8 years ago
- 3 cups hot, mashed sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup August Sebastiani Country Chenin Blanc shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream OR half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated, with egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart souffle dish.
- Combine potatoes and butter in a medium bowl; beat until butter melts.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons sugar, Chenin Blanc, whipping cream, cinnamon, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- With electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Wash beaters.
- With electric mixer, in another bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; pour into potato mixture.
- Fold potato mixture into egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into souffle dish; sprinkle with remaining sugar and pecans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Serve immediately.