Chocolate-coated Almond ToffeeFrom ambauer 9 years ago
- 1 Cup butter shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 tbsp corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds shopping list
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate (if using squares, melt ahead of time, if using chips, they will melt on the hot toffee) shopping list
- 1/3 Cup toasted finely chopped almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Cook butter, sugar, water and corn syrup over medium heat in a heavy 2 qt sauce pan (or larger) until the mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Boil gently, stirring frequently 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture is golden brown and reaches the hard crack stage (~338oF).
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped almonds.
- Spread mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment or a silicone mat (foil will also do).
- Set stand still it has cooled a bit, mostly solid (if using chocolate chips, sprinkle on top, let melt and spread around a bit, then sprinkle finely chopped almonds over top).
- If using melted chocolate, wait until mostly cooled, then spread melted chocolate, and sprinkle with finely chopped almonds.
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!