French Salad DressingFrom ambauer 8 years ago
- 1 Cup oil (Vegetable or mild flavored oil is best here) shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 ketchup shopping list
- 3 tbsp vinegar (garlic vinegar is best, which my grandmother always made) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- pinch of ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp grated onion shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all together except last ingredient in a bowl or in a blender, mixing until thick.
- Add grated onion and mix briefly.
- Substitution: In place of part of the sugar, honey helps the dressing stay nice and thick.
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
The Rating4 people
Thank you for this Ambauer, I'll definetly try it.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I made this yesterday, and am so impressed! I took your advice and used honey , but didn't quite have enough so made up with reg white sugar, and since I don't have garlic infused vinegar, i grated a big clove right in the mix. and I LOVE bacon in m...morestarzsway in Houston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!