Thai Pork SatayFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound boneless pork loin shopping list
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream shopping list
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- Spicy peanut sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Chinese vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sesame oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili paste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pork into 3" by 1/4" strips.
- Combine curry powder, turmeric, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and oil.
- Toss pork strips with marinade then thread 4 pork strips onto skewers, weaving ribbon fashion.
- Marinate 30 minutes or longer then preheat grill.
- Brush strips with thick coconut cream and place brushed side down over hot coals.
- Cool for 2 minutes then turn over brush with additional cream and grill until cooked through.
- Serve with spicy peanut sauce.
- To prepare coconut milk and cream pour 1 can unsweetened coconut milk into a tall glass.
- Allow to sit at least 1 hour so the thick cream rises to the top.
- Skim off top and set aside.
- To make sauce blend all ingredients until smooth.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!