Beetroot curry with onionsFrom mareelouise 7 years ago
- 350g raw beetroot (weight without stems and leaves) shopping list
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 225 g (8 oz) tomatoes finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 300 ml water shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the beetroot and cut into even wedges
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. When hot add the cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for 5 seconds.
- Add the garlic, stir and fry until it turns golden.
- Add the onions and stir and fry for a minute.
- Add the flour and cayenne- stir and fry for a minute.
- Now pop the beetroot in with the tomatoes, salt and water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, turn heat up to medium and cook uncovered for 7 minutes- the sauce should be thickening up nicely by then.
- This dish can be made ahead of time and reheated.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mareelouise Melbourne, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmareelouise Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!