Ginger-chicken Noodle SoupFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- My friend Mumtaz has suggested adding 2 green chilis so I am adding TY Mumtaz. shopping list
- --------------------- shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles or medium noodles shopping list
- 1 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed and halved diagonally shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart crockery cooker, combine chicken, carrots, sherry (if desired), the 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and the water.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in noodles and pea pods.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until noodles are tender. Serve with additional soy sauce.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Good one Jm and as always a 55555 from me!! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
This recipe has all of my favorite ingredients lots of noodles, the ginger is a welcoming touch and the heat from the suggested chilies is terrific .
You have my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
hi Joymarie i am sure i can use chicken fillets
i will most probably add some green chillies as well like it strong :}thanks for another wonderful post
have a blessed day, my friend
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it