Lazy Mans Pigs In The BlanketFrom mao65 9 years ago
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium to large head green cabbage,sliced into thin strips shopping list
- 2 cans(26 ounce) tomato soup shopping list
- 4 cups cooked white rice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 pounds ground beef(I use ground sirloin) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- optional- 1 or 2 cans diced or whole(broken into pieces) tomatoes with juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large roasting pan.
- In a large skillet, saute' onions and garlic in olive oil until the onions become translucent.. Add cabbage, cover and cook until cabbage becomes limp.
- In a large mixing bowl, dilute 1 can of the tomato soup with 1/2 can water. stir in cooked rice,eggs,meat and skillet contents and 1 can diced or whole tomatoes.
- Place in the roasting pan and bake uncovered for 2-1/2 hours.
- In a saucepan, dilute the 2nd can of tomato soup with 1 can water. Check the dish from time to time, adding a little of the reserved soup or canned tomatoes to keep the mixture moist(we like it with a lot of juice, so add lots of tomatoes). If cabbage is too hard after prescribed baking time, you can continue cooking until cabbage is tender. Keep adding reserved liquid.