Spicy Ginger MarmaladeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the grated ginger, its juice and water in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, covered, until the shreds are very tender and almost translucent, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from the heat.
- Measure three cups of ginger and cooking liquid. (If you have more than 3 cups, spoon off the surplus liquid... you can use it to make home made ginger ale).
- Add lemon juice and sugar to the ginger in the pan, bring mixture to a hard boil for 1 minute.
- Add pectin, and bring mixture to a hard boil again for 2 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring, then ladle it into sterilized canning jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Seal and process the jars for 15 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
- Cool, label, and store the jars.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
You're good. This sounds...yum. You may convert me to eating healthier! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members