chocolate mocha chewy cookiesFrom thetacofaery 9 years ago
- solid vegetable shortening for greasing the pans shopping list
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee at room temperature shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- place a rack in the center of the overn and preheat the oven to 350 degrees (25 degrees less if your cookie sheets are dark). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets with solid vegetable shortening. Set the pans aside.
- Place the cake mix, coffee, melted butter, and egg in large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute more. The cookie dough will be thick. Fold in the chips until well distributed.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Place the pans in the oven.
- Bake the cookies until they have set but are still a little soft in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven. Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 1 minute, then remove with a metal spatula to wire racks to cook completely, 20 minutes. Repeat the baking process with the remaining dough.
- Store in aluminum foil or an airtight container for up to 1 week
The Cookthetacofaery Waco, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!