White ChiliFrom maggiel52 9 years ago
- 1 ½ lb ground white turkey shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 to 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin shopping list
- ½ to 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2 -3 14oz cans great northern beans, undrained shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil, add onion and sauté till transparent
- add garlic and sauté for a minute more.
- Add turkey and cook till no longer pink
- Add peppers and spices and cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes or until peppers are tender but not soft
- While the vegetables and meat are cooking: In a separate small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a very light colored roux. Add in chicken broth a little at time. You should have a thick, smooth sauce.
- Stir this mixture into the turkey and vegetables. Stir in the beans and liquid and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
The Cookmaggiel52 Conway, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!