Frittata With Chard And Whole-wheat SpaghettiFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 1 lb. swiss chard, trimmed ans coarsely chopped shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wash chard really well and place in a large pot with water clinging to leaves.
- Cover and cook until tender about 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess water.
- combine eggs, milk, Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti and chard.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet. Add egg mixture, cover and cook over low heat until top is almost set 10 to 13 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle frittata with provolone cheese and broil 3 minutes or until golden brown.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating2 people
Great post. Swiss chard is one of my favorites. Frittata's are also wonderful. Have you ever seen rainbow chard? If you ever get a chance to buy it, do....it is so beautiful and so good. Take care!cakelady in Murray loved it