Bean CasseroleFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 10-oz. package frozen French-style green beans shopping list
- 1 Tbs. butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed shopping list
- 1 5-oz. can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup buttered Soft bread cubes (About 1 1/2 slices bread) shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Thoroughly thaw frozen green beans. If you're in a hurry, pour boiling water
- over the frozen green beans and drain well.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine, add the flour, and stir to combine. Stir in milk and soy sauce and continue to cook, stirring constantly over the same medium-heat setting, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, cubed ham, water chestnuts, and the green beans. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch by 9-inch oven-proof baking dish. Lightly butter one or two slices of bread on both sides and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle buttered bread cubes on top of the casserole, and add a colorful splash with a sprinkle of paprika to taste.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes prior to serving.